Sunday 11 September 2022

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - September 2022

Flew from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur on Air Asia. About two hour flight. Easy immigration. Caught the Airport Express to KL Sentral and then Grab to Sheraton Imperial. Nice hotel but the surrounding area is a bit dead.

I tried to get a Grab to Bukit Bintang but it was peak hour, so I walked. I had been here in 2017 with the family. Had a nice dinner sitting outside and then had a massage.

On the way back I stopped at a rooftop bar I had read about. Called Heli, it is a helicopter landing pad during the day and a bar at night.

There's a minimum spend of MYR100 which includes two drinks. It's a lovely night and the views were great...





Today I am off to Langkawi! I woke up and walked around. I needed to change money as this part of the trip was not planned. Had a nice coffee. Then I caught the monorail to KL Sentral, and then Airport Express. Easy one hour flight on Air Asia.

On Sunday 11 September I returned to KL and this time stayed at Capri by Fraser in Bukit Bintang. It's a really nice hotel and in a more vibrant area.

Made a mistake and booked a twin room, but it's only one night.



The highlight is the rooftop infinity edge pool...



I had a swim then walked to Bukit Bintang for dinner. After that I had a massage and went back to the hotel and crashed. The next morning I went for a walk to KLCC Park...


Then back to the hotel for a quick swim...



Then checked out and caught a Grab to KL Sentral and the KLIA Espress to the airport for my flight to Ho Chi Minh City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...