Thursday 8 September 2022

Langkawi, Malaysia - Friday 9 September 2022

Tourist day today. Woke up and went for breakfast at a cafe close by. Then caught a Grab to the Langkawi SkyCab, about a 30 minute drive.

Bought a ticket for the SkyCab for MYR85 and joined the queue. It is known as the steepest cable car ride in the world.


Looking over to the SkyBridge which I will go to next...


At the top, I bought a ticket for the SkyBridge for MYR6 cash. Then I walked around and took in the views...











Walked a few hundred metres down some steps to the start of the SkyBridge...




Caught a Grab back to the resort and then went for lunch at a local restaurant a few hundred metres down the road. Had my favourite Malaysian dish, Kway Teow...


Back to the resort. The beach is looking better today as it is a nicer day...



That afternoon I booked an island hopping tour through the hotel tour desk for MYR75. I was picked up and taken a short distance to the point of departure.


It's a lovely afternoon...




First stop was this island where we had an hour. It cost MYR6 as it is national park. It was a quick walk to the other side.




I then walked back and had a mango juice while waiting for the boat. You can also do a jet ski tour which I may do next time.


I was the only foreigner on the tour. Most tourists here seem to be from KL or Penang.




The next stop was this island where we had another hour. I had a swim and a rest on the beach.



After that, we returned to the start and was transferred back to my hotel.

I had a shower and walked about 800m to Dash Beach Club. It's a pretty fancy hotel and I had to pay MYR50 as I am not a guest, but that includes one drink. I sat there a couple of hours and had some dinner. 



Watched the sunset...


Full moon!



Then I caught a Grab to a bar in town that I wanted to try. Then I walked home and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...