Sunday 4 September 2022

Bangkok - September 2022

Thailand is all about the food!  After  Hua Hin, I had one night in Bangkok before heading to Ayutthaya. This time I am staying at The Davis Sukhumvit as I wanted to try a new area. It's pretty old but the room is spacious and clean and only $A60 per night.

I needed a break from Thai food, so I had dinner at the Kempinski. Lobster ravioli was good but not quite what I was expecting, as the lobster was not inside the ravioli but spread over.


But the dessert was fantastic...



I then headed to a rooftop bar close by called Above 11, as it is above Fraser Suites at Sukhumvit 11.


Had a great rum-based cocktail...


The next day I had breakfast in the hotel and then went for a walk. It's very steamy - it rained earlier. Had a nice coffee...


I walked back to the hotel and hit the gym and pool...


Then I met a mate for lunch at Kuppa, about a 15 minute walk away. The duck risotto was great...


In the afternoon I caught a Grab to Ayutthaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...