Saturday 3 September 2022

Hua Hin, Thailand - Monday 29 August to Saturday 3 September 2022

Monday morning I was picked up from my Bangkok hotel, and driven 2.5 hours to Hua Hin. I'm staying at the Anantara which is a lovely property. Upon entering, you have to ring the gong three times for good luck I guess...

The architecture is lovely. This is one of the bars...


The view from my balcony was nice...




The lobby is impressive...


And it's right on the beach...

The first night I caught the shuttle bus into town, which is a 10 minute drive away. Went to the night market and had some great street food...

The mussel pancake was amazing...

For dessert I had these...

The next morning I had breakfast at the buffet, which was fantastic. Then took one of the hotel bikes and went for a ride around the local area. It's very rural once you get off the main road, but it's Thailand, so there are always food and coffee options!

It's pretty quiet. Still not many tourists. Stopped for a coffee here...

Back to the hotel for a swim and rest...


That night I went back to the night market area, but this time I went to a restaurant and had some nice seafood...

Rooftop!

Squid, coconut soup, oyster salad and prawns in curry. I may have over ordered!

The next day I went for another ride and visited this temple, Wat Bo Fai...



The buffet breakfast includes a noodle station...


The beach at low tide...



Rocky the parrot...

One morning on my ride, I stopped for a thai milk tea which I like. This one was too sweet though...


The following day I caught a Grab into town to have a look at the town in daylight. The beach is a bit nicer down that end but not as nice as a Phuket beach.



That afternoon I enjoyed happy hour at the pool bar...



That night back to the night market. The food is so good there. The market is a mix of food and clothes.



This is another part of the resort and the rooms there are called the lagoon rooms.




One night after dinner at the night market, I headed to the Sky Bar at the Hilton. Lovely night...



One night I ate in the resort. Food was good but not as good as the night market! This is the pomelo salad...


The Anantara Beach on a sunny day...




One day I decided to go riding at the end of the day, rather than the beginning. I just rode a random route and ended up at this place. It was a bit spooky actually, as there was nobody around...



I've acquired a taste for this drink. Grass tea with jelly...


On my last night, I had a foot massage. Cost me THB150 (AUD6) plus tip! 


And tried a mussel pancake from another stall...


I spent Saturday morning by the pool, before checking out and taking the car back to Bangkok. What a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...