Sunday 26 November 2017

New York - Sunday 26 November 2017

Today I tried an American breakfast near the hotel - pancakes with bacon. Pretty average.

Then headed up to Central Park for a walk. Found another outdoor ice skating rink. Then headed to The Met to see the Michelangelo exhibition which was good.

I really enjoy walking in Central Park. It's huge...


Ice skating in Central Park...










After leaving the Met, I walked across Central Park, to get the train uptown from the other side. Walked past Central Park Reservoir...



Caught the train way uptown to Tyron Park and went to The Cloisters, a "medieval" monastery which has been created with original European medieval stuff.

Part of The Met and included in my ticket price. Something different.










Then caught the train back to Harlem, a place I have always wanted to go to.


Had lunch at The Corner Social which I had read about on Tripadvisor.



Prawns with grits. What are grits anyway ? Tasty !


Then back to the hotel and got changed for dinner, and headed out to the next rooftop bar on my list, Haven Rooftop in W47th Street. 

Bizarrely, as I approached, it reminded me of the first hotel I stayed at, in 1997 which at that time was called the Portland Square Hotel. After a bit of research, I realised it was the same place, but re-named and gone up-market.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...