Friday 10 November 2017

New York - Friday 10 November 2017

On my way to Cayman Islands for work. Had booked to go to the BVI, but due to Hurricane Irma, that trip was cancelled and I was asked to use my ticket and go to Cayman instead. However, as I can only get a work permit in Cayman for 10 days, I have to spend this weekend in NYC. Not a hardship, other than I already planned to have a few days here on my way back.

Arrived at JFK very early in the morning, after a 1am departure from HK. Business Class on Cathay was good. Still a long flight !

Caught taxi to my AirBNB - first time I have tried that. My own room in a shared apartment, in Tribeca. Good to get to know a new area.

Dumped my bags and walked down to the Charging Bull in the Financial District. It is extremely cold. I was expecting it to be cold but there is a freeze warning for tonight and it is only 4 degrees, with a very cold wind.



I then caught the subway uptown and had a walk through Times Square and had a late breakfast at an Australian cafe, Bluestone Lane. Good avo smash.



Cheers Mate !


Walked to Bryant Park to see the ice-skating rink...


Then walked a few more blocks to Central Park. I wanted to hire a bike but it is just too cold. It's a lovely clear sunny day, other than the temperature ! Had a nice walk around up to the Met. I walked in but it's very busy today. I will come back to see the Michelangelo exhibition when it opens next week.





Caught subway back to my AirBNB and unpacked. Room is a good size but it's a bit weird being in a stranger's apartment.

I then walked to an Australian restaurant - Two Hands - for dinner. It was nice. Walked back to my room and it is -2 now so very unpleasant.

Freeze warning...for good reason...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...