Friday 17 November 2017

Grand Cayman - Tuesday 14 November to Friday 17 November 2017

Started at work on Tuesday. Drove to work in the hire car. Not far and road runs next to the sea.

Spent the week working. Started most days with either gym or a run along the beach and then a swim.

I actually know quite a few people here as they have spent time in Hong Kong.

Right across the road from work...




Tuesday afternoon went to an Irish Pub with my Irish colleague Brian, to watch a football match. That night I had dinner at the hotel restaurant which is quite good. Sat outside next to the pool. It's pretty warm all the time.

Having dinner at Sunshine Grill at my hotel...



Wednesday went to lunch at Harveys Island Grill with Brian. It's close to the office, and overlooks the sea. Georgetown is very busy when the cruise ships are in but they leave mid-afternoon and the town returns to normal - quiet. 

After work I drove Osa back to the hotel , got changed, and returned to Georgetown and had dinner at a roti place that had been recommended. I think I should have gone at lunchtime as I was the only one there, and the roti was disappointing. Very dry.

Thursday was taken to lunch by the Managing Partner, again at Harveys. Nice shrimp ravioli. After work we drove about 1.4km further down the road to a bar called Sunset House and had drinks and dinner. Lovely rustic place right on the water.


Drove back to hotel and went to The Westin for another drink. The Westin is across the road from my hotel and a really nice property with an outdoor bar overlooking the water, and a band playing.

Beach in front of the Westin...





Pool bar at the Westin. Had a really nice vibe...





Going for a run before work...



Georgetown...



Found this place close by the office for lunch. I couldn't bring myself to do the turtle burger...


Friday had drinks after work with Brian then dinner at Sunshine Grill in the hotel. Then to bed, as I have an early start tomorrow to do the stingray tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...