Sunday 19 November 2023

Nha Trang, Vietnam - November 2023

Thought I'd g to Nha Trang for the weekend. It had been on my list since 2020 when I had actually booked and had to cancel as a result of COVID. 

I flew HK Express on Thursday afternoon. Nha Trang airport was very quiet and I was through so quickely, customs wasn't open and I had to find someone to open the doors!

Caught a Grab to December hotel - quite a long trip. Nice modern hotel a block back from the beach. This is the view from the hotel (yes it's overcast - rainy season!)...

On the first night I found a basic restaurant and had chicken pho...

And a side dish which I couldn't finish...

Next morning woke and hit the breakfast buffet which was great...



The hotel has a really nice infinity pool...



The pool overlooked an old airforce field which had some planes on it.




Went for a walk to the beach which was only a block away. Had a swim. The water was nice.




After that I went for a walk through the town. Stopped for a coffee...


Went back to the hotel and did some emails while having another coffee...



On the second night I went to another local restaurant without realising it's specialty was frog!


So I ordered some...


The next day I caught a Grab to Ponager Temple. This is the view from the temple...








Then I caught another Grab to a mud bath place. You get changed into shorts they provide, and you get taken to an outdoor bath. They fill it up and you soak for 20 minutes...




It's alo a waterpark so I tried a few different pools and the waterslides.



Spent a few hours there then headed back to town. I was very hungry and tried yet another local place. This one was VERY local but I had seen this form of cooking and wanted to try it.


The stools were uncomfortably low !


This was my favourite meal this trip...


The next day was overcast and rainy so I went for a long walk.


Stopped for an iced coffee...


Later on, stopped by a western style cafe for another coffee...

It was a creme brulee option. Not bad...


On the last night the hotel recommended a nearby bar. Had a couple of cocktails...




And some Japanese style cauliflower...


The next day I went for another walk and had a massage. 


Caught a taxi to the airport.

Leaving Cam Ranh airport - it's still very quiet. Only one booth open...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

 Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdal...