Sunday 22 May 2016

Singapore - Sunday 22 May 2016

Today I wanted to check out a trendy area I had read about - Tiong Bahru.

I caught a Grab taxi (now my favourite form of transport) and had a wander around.

Quite nice residential area with 30s style architecture.


There's a wet market as well.



The area was quite quiet as it was Sunday morning, although I was there at about 10am so not too early.

I wanted to try a cafe called Open Door Policy but it didn't open until 11am so I skipped it.

I then caught a Grab back to Fort Canning Park and walked around. Nice park right behind Clarke Quay.



Looking back to Clarke Quay...



Raffles House...





Then walked back to hotel, had a swim and packed. Spent the last hour in the Executive Lounge before catching a Grab to the airport. Cost $20.

Changi is an amazing airport and I was through security and immigration in about 3 minutes. I don't know how they do it.

My plane was delayed about 1.5 hours but had a quick flight back to HK in 3 hours 20 minutes.

Airport Express into town and home to crash.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...