Saturday 21 May 2016

Singapore - Saturday 21 May 2016

Today I wanted to hike around MacRitchie Reservoir. Caught MRT to Caldecott and there were no taxis so I got an Uber. About $5.









Walked a few km heading for the Treetop Walk. There was a huge queue. I should have got up earlier !

Finally got on the walk. It's a one way suspension bridge above the treetops about 250 metres long. Lots of monkeys. Worth doing. Finished and walked back to the start. About 7km the way I did it but there are many options.

Queue for the tree top walk...well I've come this far...









No cabs or uber available so I caught the bus back to MRT. I should have downloaded a bus app but was helped by a friendly local. Caught train to Raffles Place and went back to Lau Pa Sat for lunch. Laksa today. Very nice. 

Had a swim at the hotel then met a colleague, Henno at Clarke Quay. Went for coffee at a place at Mandarin Orchard which is where I stayed on my first trip here in 1987. Then went to a Japanese Cafe and had Matcha Latte which is a green tea latte and it was surprisingly good.

Caught the bus back to the hotel and caught the last half hour of free drinks.

Then caught a Grab taxi (Uber alternative) to Arab Street, an area I hadn't been to before. Quite interesting area dominated by a large mosque. I ate Lebanese food which was only average (salad and bruschetta). I've been spoiled by the great local food and arab type food cannot compete, at least for me. I'd have rather had another laksa !


Walked back to hotel and on the way passed Raffles which I haven't been to for years and wasn't really sure where it was. Went into the famous Long Bar, but didn't drink anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...