Friday 20 May 2016

Singapore - Friday 20 May 2016

Walked to work along the river through Boat Quay. About 20 minutes and easier to maintain your bearings.


Had lunch at Lau Pa Sat in town. Nice Kway Du.


After work I went to Ce La Vie (formerly Ku De Ta) on top of Marina Bay Sands. On Level 57.

Truly spectacular view. Free to get up and no pressure to buy anything. I did have a $25 beer and spent an hour or so there.



The $25 beer that was worth it...




View looking across to my office...







Walked back to the hotel on the other side of the river. It is a public holiday tomorrow for Buddha's birthday. So people were out celebrating.

The Art Science museum...


Looking back to Marina Bay...it certainly dominates the skyline...


It's uncomfortable walking in jeans so changed back into shorts and a 15 minute walk to Smith Street (also known as Food Street) in Chinatown for dinner. More expensive and touristy than I remember but still cheap. 

Had a fried oyster omelette at the same place I went 2 years ago. Only because I know it's good.


Maxwell Street Hawker centre close by is meant to be less touristy. I went there last time but didn't make it this time.

After dinner I walked through Ann Siang Hill which is the area with lots of bars and restaurants. Friday night and it was busy.


Had a drink at a rooftop bar. Cost me $18 with tax so made the one at Ce La Vie look like good value. 


Walked back to hotel and went to bed.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...