Sunday 15 May 2016

Big Buddha and Tai O - Sunday 15 May 2016

Today I wanted to do part of the Lantau Trail. There are a couple of ways to get there so I caught the MTR to Tung Chung and then bus to Ngong Ping.

I'd been there in 2009 with the family. I climbed the steps to Buddha and then went through the Po Lin Monastery.

I also did a short walk near the Lantau Peak, but will save going up to the peak to another time as it looks very hard.

Had lunch at Ngong Ping and then caught the bus to Tai O, a fishing village built on stilts. It was interesting, but very busy, with hoards of Chinese tour groups.







Turns out that the compliments are money...I checked...



Room of 1,000 Buddhas...



Menu at restaurant...I ordered the only thing I could read...it was good...


Tai O markets. I've always wondered what a cuttlefish looks like...



Tai O is a fishing village known for its stilt houses...





Really want to live here 😀






Bus back to Mui Wo, and ferry back to Central - about 45 minutes, although I believe there is a faster one.

Bought Australian sirloin and Thai okra for dinner. Trying to cook a few times a week to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...