Monday 4 April 2016

Hong Kong - Monday 4 April 2016

It's a Public Holiday today and my last before I start my new job tomorrow.

Caught the tram to Victoria Park in Causeway Bay. 


Nothing special. I did stumble across the hotel that Jacqui and I stayed in on our first trip in July 1997. The was less than one month after the Brits had handed it back to the Chinese.


Then went to Lan Kwai Fong and had lunch with my new boss. The restaurant is famous for goose so that's what we had. I thought it was only average and very boney. As a comparison, lunch with no alcohol, cost HKD980. So my share of $460 (not that I paid !) is 10 times what I have been paying for dinner in a "local" restaurant. Highlights the different lifestyles between expats and wealthy locals vs everyone else.

Then I caught the MTR out a bit and checked out Kowloon Walled City Park, which has an interesting history.



Then to Kowloon Park Pool and did my laps. Then dinner in TST at a local restaurant. Prawn dumpling soup. It was great.

Back home on the Star Ferry to Wan Chai and saw the light show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...