Saturday 4 March 2017

Doha to Limassol - Sunday 5 March 2017

Woke at 5am, quick shower and uber to airport. I was worried as I had no cash and would need it if I couldn't uber. But all good.

Easy trip to Hamad International Airport. It's quite new, very big, and very nice.

Qatar Airways have a special queue for first and business, that extends to immigration. Found the lounge and had breakfast #1 - waffles.


The lounge is very impressive...



Coffee for me today, no alcohol...but there was plenty on offer...







Seat 1F in an A320 with nobody next to me. Had breakfast #2 while I watched The Accountant, with Ben Affleck. Not bad. Then slept for an hour and a half.

Arrived at Larnaca Airport on time. Gained another hour. Very easy immigration and my bag came out straight away. Met by a pre-arranged taxi.

About 40 minutes drive and I was at The Crowne Plaza. They checked me in to a room with 2 single beds. I said no. Went for a walk and had lunch while they sorted it out.

Went back and upgraded myself to a sea view which is much nicer. It's an older 4 star hotel, but in a great location, right on the beach.

Unpacked and then went to the pool and read my book. Haven't done that for ages. It's sunny but quite cool, about 18 degrees.

Had a steam and sauna and then walked out to dinner at a random pub called The Ship Inn.

Pool at the Crowne Plaza...


Hotel from the beach...


My first Cypriot lunch at Red...


Erm...this is a cappuccino...


Shadow..


There's a lovely walkway along the sea...I walk 1.5km to the office each day...


The office...


My sea view room...


Views from balcony...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...