Friday 10 March 2017

Limassol - Monday 6 March to Friday 10 March 2017

Monday, I woke at 7am. Beautiful sunny morning but 13 degrees !

Went for a walk the other way ie away from the town. Along the beach and then a path.

Went back and shower and had buffet breakfast at the hotel. I am going to get fat.

Walked to work. About 1.5km flat walk by the sea. Beautiful. Met the people and worked a full day. I am sitting in a conference room overlooking the sea.



Had lunch with the team. Full on buffet lunch is provided by the firm. What did I say about getting fat ?!

After work I went back to the hotel for a swim in the indoor pool. Then headed out to dinner. My destination was the marina and old town. It's a fair walk. 

Found Limassol Castle which is where Richard the Lionheart married Berengaria of Navarre (supposedly). I will come back in the daytime...


Around the castle there are a few restaurants. Tried one called Carob Mill. Had lamb shank. Not bad.

Caught taxi back to hotel and crashed.

The rest of the week was much the same. I enjoyed my 1.5km walk to work each day.

Wednesday the team took me to a very nice restaurant. I tried a sweet wine and a great dessert like a cheesecake but not really.

Most nights I went back to the old town which was my favourite area. I ate in the hotel once...average food and no atmosphere. However the buffet breakfast was pretty good.

On Fridays the office closes at 2.30. I worked until 3.30 and then walked up to the old town. Hadn't seen it during the day.

Went to the museum in the castle and walked around. 

Had dinner right next to the castle. Great food. Beef carpaccio and lobster ravioli. Maybe not traditional Cypriot food but it was good...

I've tried to try all the traditional food that I can.

Cats at breakfast...they were brought in hundreds of years ago, to keep the snakes under control 😬


Views from balcony...



The walk by the sea...getting close to the marina / old town...


Catholic Church...


Street corner...


Front of the church...


Looks very medieval...


Limassol Castle...









Not sure...


Found a shoe shop and could not resist...EUR50...


And these...EUR 50 also...😍


At a restaurant next to the castle...really... ?


Lobster ravioli...yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...