Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Palm Cove, Queensland - September 2026

Decided to go somewhere warm for a week and chose Palm Cove. I have never been here before.

Got a points flight on Qantas and flew at 0925 on a Sunday morning. Booked an Uber for 8am and were in the terminal by 8:30. Breakfast in the Business Lounge then boarded for our 0925 flight. We were in the first row of economy and had a spare seat between us. It's a three hour flight.

Got another Uber from Cairns Airport to Palm Cove, which is about a 30 minute drive.

We are staying at Drift Apartments which is on the main street, although our apartment looks over the pool...

We went for a walk and had a late pub-style lunch at Rattle & Hum on the beachfront. It is very windy.

After lunch we walked to the jetty at the end of the beach, and then back to the apartment for a nap.

It's very lush and green and the beach looks nice. It would be nicer if the wind wasn't so strong.



After my nap, I found a nice wine bar. Then we tried to have dinner at about 8:15 but all the restaurants were closing so we got Thai takeaway and had it on our balcony.

The next day I walked to about 2km to Coles for some groceries. Halfway there it rained so I got wet. I waited for it to stop raining and headed back. And it rained again!

This is the path along the main street...


This was the best meal I had while I was here. At a beachfront restaurant called Vivo. We went back the next day for lunch...


This is the resort pool. It's big and shaded. The water is pretty cold...


One night I tried caramel and gingerbread ice cream. Not bad...


On the last day, the weather was much better so I went for a walk along the beach...






On the last day I got up and went for a walk, before getting an Uber to our hotel in Cairns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cairns, Queensland - September 2026

We got to our Cairns hotel, Crystalbrook Flynn about 1030 and left our bags. We went for a walk along the esplanade...  There's no beach...