On Friday I headed to Hong Kong. This is a points trip and the only flight I could get was via Melbourne. However, it was at least business class all the way.
I booked an Uber for 0450 and easy trip to the domestic terminal. No time for food but I ate on the flight to Melbourne. The quiche was decent...

Got to Melbourne and transferred to the International Terminal. Here's the view from the First Class Lounge...

I had my usual Turkish eggs...
Had lunch and then boarded. Had another meal and watched Dutton Ranch. Then slept the rest of the way.
Caught the Airport Express to Wan Chai and checked into The Renaissance. Got a nice harbour view room...
Walked into Wan Chai for dinner. The lanterns are up for mid-Autumn Festival...
On Saturday I caught the train to HKU and walked up the Morning Trail. Beautiful day...
I bought a milk tea at 711...
Walked down Old Peak Road and had a late lunch...
This is the view from the Executive Lounge where I had breakfast most days...
That night we met my mate Ian at Thaiwan in Sheung Wan, and then kicked on to a French wine bar.
The next day we headed to Honjo, our favourite Japanese restaurant in Sheung Wan...
After that, we headed to Cardinal Point for an espresso martini...
We stayed there as it got dark...
We saw these helicopters every day with the Chinese and HK flags, in advance of National Day...
One day we caught the Star Ferry and walked along Avenue of the Stars to K11 Musea. It was about 10am and none of the shops were open, but we could walk through. We found a roof garden...
I spent the afternoon by the pool...
View from the pool deck...
I went to the lounge for some pre-dinner drinks...
Then we headed into Central and started at Top Town...
The next morning I had noodles at breakfast...
This ship has moored in an usual place and we think it has something to do with the National Day fireworks coming up in a day or so...
One day I went for a walk along Cat Street (Antique Street)...
Then had dumplings for lunch...
No comments:
Post a Comment