Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation, Queensland - September 2026

One day we hired a car and headed to Daintree. It's a couple of hours drive and we were slowed by a lot of roadwork. 

There's only one road in and you have to cross the river by car ferry. We waited about an hour in the queue.


First stop was the Daintree Discovery Centre. It has a range of elevated boardwalks and costs about $40. I probably wouldn't do that again as there are other boardwalks that are free.







We then drove on to Madja Boardwalk which I enjoyed more and it was free...

 

Then we drove a bit further to Cape Tribulation...


It's a lovely beach...


We walked along it...


Looking back...



This place is famous as it's the only place in the world where two UNESCO World Heritage sites meet.



We walked up the short walk to a viewing area...



After that we drove a short distance to Mason's Waterhole. It is croc proof but we didn't swim, We did have a crocodile burger though...


We then headed back. I was a bit worried about the queue for the ferry but we were lucky and drove straight on. We stopped at Port Douglas on the way home as I wanted to have a look at the town. It's a lot bigger than Palm Cove.

I went for a walk around the clifftop to the beach.




Then we drove back to Palm Cove and refilled the car on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation, Queensland - September 2026

One day we hired a car and headed to Daintree. It's a couple of hours drive and we were slowed by a lot of roadwork.  There's only o...