Sunday 19 January 2020

Singapore - January 2020

From Shanghai, I flew China Eastern for the first time which was fine, other than a very painful bag drop-off process and a one hour flight delay.

Caught a Grab from the airport and checked into Capri by Fraser China Square. It's quite new and very close to the office and Chinatown. Got twin beds as Callum will be joining me in a few days.


Monday I had breakfast in the hotel and walked to the office. Lunch at a German burger place I had been to before - Hans im Gluck. Coffee with their logo. Cute...



Monday night I did a heritage tour of Chinatown with colleagues...





Tuesday had lunch at So Sofitel - free flow dim sum. Eating too much again. Tuesday night I picked up Callum from the airport at 2am ! Flight landed at 1230 but as he was classed as an accompanied minor, he was last off the plane !

Wednesday I slept in and met my boss for breakfast in the hotel. Tonight is our big client function at Fullerton Bay.

Had lunch with Callum at Lau Pa Sat and then set him off to walk around the harbour.


I arrived at the Fullerton at 6pm for the function. Great venue and turnout. Wearing a tie for a change...


The room looked amazing...



Lion Dance as it is nearly Chinese New Year...



View of Marina Bay Sands from Fullerton Bay...



Thursday I had lunch at Lau Pa Sat again and took Callum to dinner in Chinatown. I love the food at Lau Pa Sat and it's right near work.



Friday breakfast with Callum and then set him off to Orchard Road. Had an oolong and honey bubble tea...


Friday night I had a drink with colleagues at The Black Swan near the office, then back to the hotel. Went to Indochine in Chinatown for dinner.

Saturday slept in and then we headed to Sentosa where I have never been. Caught the MRT to Harbourfront and then the Cable Car to Sentosa. There are many ways of getting there.


Once on the island, we changed to another cable car system...


Had lunch at and Italian place at Siloso beach...


Then we walked to the other end of the island and found Tanjong Beach where there is a famous beach club...



On the way back, up to Mount Faber...


That night we went to the Night Safari. Caught a Grab about 45 minutes north (SGD26). Did the tram tour and then walked the trails. It was really good. Had some dinner...


Sunday we got up and caught a Grab to Gardens by the Bay...


Then we walked back to Marina Bay Sands...






And then we walked to Clarke Quay for a coffee then back to the hotel...


On Sunday afternoon we headed back to Hong Kong together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...