Saturday 25 January 2020

Taipei - Saturday 25 January 2020

Decided to take Alex who is currently staying with me, to Taiwan for Chinese New Year.

I went last year and did Taipei, Juifen and Shifen. This time I want to explore the countryside. However it is Chinese New Year and things may be either closed or busy.

Arrived on Friday night on Cathay - easy 1.5 hour flight. Caught the airport high speed rail to Taipei Main Station and walked about 700m to my hotel with the weirdest name ever - Hotel Papa Whale. But was excellent; cheap, trendy and well located.

Woke up on Saturday and went for a random walk. I have no plans and Alex doesn't arrive until this afternoon.

I liked the look of this. Taipei North Gate...



Then I came to a nice park. It is overcast but not too cold.



Then found the National Taiwan Museum...




Next stop, the Office of the President...



Kept walking. Lots of nice architecture...



Found Huashan 1914 Creative Park and bought some food. It's like an outdoor market but very quiet. To be fair, it is the first day of the Year of the Rat and the whole city is quiet !

This made me laugh...


Then caught the MRT to Taipei 101 to get a coffee at a place I went to last time. Decorations for Chinese New Year look great...




The headed to the Red House area for lunch. This cost NTD100 which is A$5...


Later I picked up Alex from Taipei Main Station. We had a rest then headed to Taipei 101. The weather wasn't good so options were limited.


We then caught an Uber to Lehua night market and had some food. It was pretty busy...


Had an orange juice...


Alex wasn't feeling well so we didn't stay long and Ubered back to the hotel and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...