Sunday 12 January 2020

Shanghai - January 2020

Got back from Sydney on Wednesday and on Thursday took the afternoon flight to Shanghai. I need to be in the office on Friday.

Got a driver from the airport as I have checked luggage, as I am heading straight on to Singapore for a week. Arrived late at Intercontinental Pudong, and had a drink with my colleague from London who was travelling with me.

Worked on Friday and went to lunch at a very nice Chinese restaurant.


Weather is not great. Cold and rainy. Popped out to my tailor to have some jackets made. Just one stop on the subway and a 10 minute walk.

That night, had dinner at El Willy on The Bund.  Spanish food and I had been there before on my first trip. It was raining and I couldn't get a taxi back so I caught the subway which is easy.

Saturday had a lazy day and changed hotel to Hyatt on the Bund. Walked around and had dinner at a restaurant close by the hotel and then a drink at Vue Bar in the hotel.

Found a pop-up type coffee place near Nanjing Road East, which did a great Flat White...



The view from my room at Hyatt on the Bund had an awesome view. Pity it's not a clear night.



Stumbled across this shop. All black shoes for men and some red for ladies. I had to buy a pair as they were only RMB60 (about AUD11) !


Sunday I went to my tailor and picked up the jackets, and then taxi to the airport. I'm heading straight to Singapore as I'm working there next week.

Flew China Eastern for the first time which was fine, other than a very painful bag drop-off process and a one hour flight delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...