Sunday 15 October 2023

Hong Kong - October 2023

My ex-colleague and friend Julie invited me to her 50th junk trip in Hong Kong. Of course I jumped at the chance.

Flew on the day flight on Friday. This is what a Bloody Mary looks like in economy!

Arrived later afternoon and headed to Hyatt Centric in Northpoint. Wanted to try somewhere new and it has a nice looking rooftop pool...

I caught the MTR to Causeway bay, and went for a walk around. Not sure what this shop is...



Bumped into a mate...


Woke up Saturday. Had a nice view from my room...


It was a nice day so I hit the pool...


Looking straight across to the Kerry Hotel, where I spent such a lot of time in quarantine!



Went for a wander around Northpoint. It is very local...


Had some breakfast. This was the most western style I could find!


In the afternoon, I caught the MTR to Hang Hau and my mate picked me up and drove me to his place in Clearwater Bay. We had a nice lunch.



Got back to the hotel late. The hotel has a rooftop bar which I didn't get to, other than to take a pic that night...


Sunday is the day of the junk trip and the reason I came to Hong Kong. I woke up vomiting with diarrhoea.I spent the whole day in the room.

Monday I was feeling better so went for a walk to Quarry Bay and back. Enjoyed the local sights :-)


I used points and upgraded to Business Class on the way home. Hit the Qantas Club for the first time in many years. This is the skyrobridge completed a few years ago. It is the longest airside bridge in the world  and allows a A380 to pass under it.


The Qantas Club in Hong Kong is FAR superior to the one in Sydney. Had my usual even though I still wasn't feeling 100%...


Reading this book. Tragically he died a couple of weeks later.

Flight home was good in business and I slept pretty well. Landed and have never seen so many people at immigration. Used the APEC channel to get through as I had a 0930 flight to Perth. Got the Qantas shuttle to the domestic terminal and just made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...