Wednesday 24 August 2022

Siem Reap, Cambodia - Wednesday 24 August 2022

Today I am heading to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat. Ordered a Grab to the airport at 7am and was here in 30 minutes. No checked luggage so straight to the gate. Had a Thai Tea Latte and updated my blog. Quick 50 minute flight and easy immigration.

The hotel had arranged tuk tuk transfer. Easy 20 minute ride to hotel, Golden Temple Residences...


Check in was easy and the staff are lovely. Welcome lemon tea while they process the paperwork.


The room was nice and large...


It had a nice balcony...


Pool was lovely...



I went for a walk into town which is very close, and I had lunch here...



Took advantage of the USD1 beer!



Then walked around some more. It's an unremarkable town but has a nice feel...


I had a massage and a swim, then headed to the other side of the river for a walk and dinner.


Found a restaurant that I had read about. It is very quiet and I am the only person here. I took a table on the terrace, overlooking the street...


After dinner I walked back to the hotel and went to bed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...