Wednesday 24 October 2018

Athens - Wednesday 24 October 2018

Got up and found somewhere close for breakfast. It's cool but lovely blue skies. This is just the first part of breakfast...



Went to the Acropolis (EUR20) and walked around. This is as you walk in...










View of Mount Lycabettus in the distance. I will walk up there later.








Then I walked around the old town for a bit...


Found a cute little church...


It was next to a big one...


Then I walked to Hadrian's Gate. This is from the other side...


Then went right next door to the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Cost EUR6 to get in - not really worth it...



Crossed the road and entered a nice park. This is a nice looking building...


Inside...


Then I decided to walk up Mount Lycabettus. Passed Parliament House on the way.



And just as I was passing, the guard was changing so I stopped to watch. They took themselves very seriously...





Stopped and had a coffee...


Climbed Mount Lycabettus which was a good workout. I had planned to catch the funicular tram but couldn't find where it started. This is the church at the top...






Parliament House on the way back...


Went back to the hotel and did some emails at the rooftop bar (had a coffee)...


Then I walked a couple of kilometres to a rooftop bar I wanted to try - A For Athens Cocktail Bar. Great views of the Acropolis and prices to match. Had one glass of Rose, and some aranchini balls...


The area which I had stumbled on was quite busy, so when I left the bar, I wandered around...


Not sure what this is but it looked nice...



I think this is the Roman Forum...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...