Saturday 10 February 2024

Singapore - February 2024

Monday, I flew business class on Thai Airways from Bangkok to Singapore. Nice easy transit at the airport as Thai Airways have a dedicated lane for business class travellers. Easy two hour flight. Had the usual...

Changi was as efficient as usual and I was straight into a Grab to the Westin. I have stayed at the Westin before and it is a lovely hotel. This is the view from my room...


I went to the gym and had a spa...


This is the view from the spa...


I met a mate for a drink in Chinatown at a low-rise rooftop bar...



The next morning (Tuesday) I headed to work. This is the view from my office...


Back to the hotel after work and a swim. My office is at Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 3) which is one of the buildings directly ahead...


Then I went to a bar at Asia Square to meet my colleagues who had just flown in from London.

On Thursday, one of the partners invited me to Chinese New Year team lunch at the Tanglin Club. My first time having Lo Hei, a tradition that involes using the long chopsticks to throw this dish (Yusheng) into the air and saying good luck. We then ate the dish as a starter...



Thursday night I was invited to an event at Kinki Rooftop Bar...


I then walked to Chinatown to meet my Hong Kong mate who now lives here. We had some Chinese food and a drink.


Friday night one of my mates was in town from Hong Kong so we met for a few drinks in Club Street...


Then had dinner at Lau Pa Sat...


Saturday went for a walk to Telok Ayer and then caught the MRT to Bugis. Walked through Haji Lane...


Then onto Arab Street...


Then back to the hotel for a swim...


Saturday night headed to CE LA VI at Marina Bay Sands.



Had some friends in town which was fun...


We left and walked through Marina Bay Sands. It's the year of the dragon, the most auspicious sign of the Chinese zodiac...


And around the harbour to Lantern at the Fullerton Bay Hotel...


Unfortunately it was booked out so we caught a Grab to Ann Siang Hill which is my favourite drinking street. It's very quiet but we found an open bar called Brooklyn and had pizza and beers.

Sunday morning went for a walk to Gardens by the Bay. It's a lot more impressive at night.


And then walked through Marina Bay Sands to get into the airconditioning.


Spent the afternoon by the pool and left for the airport about 5pm. Perth next!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...