Thursday 6 July 2023

Paris - Friday 7 July

The conference finished at lunch time. After that, I joined some colleagues for a drink at a nearby restaurant. I think caught the Metro to Chateau Rouge and walked up to Sacre Coeur. I have been here every trip to Paris. It is very beautiful. But today is hot and very crowded.



Place  du Tertre...



I then went for a walk. Passed Tour Saint-Jacques, The only remaining part of a 16th-century church that was destroyed during the French Revolution.


Then past Hotel de Ville which is the city hall. Another impressive building...


Street scene...


Place de la Bastille...


Found a restaurant for dinner. It's 9:30pm but still feels like daytime.


This was the best gazpacho I have ever had...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...