Saturday 22 October 2022

Bangkok - October 2022

Easy domestic flight back to Bangkok from Chiang Mai. Checked into the Ibis Styles, a new 4 star on Silom Road.

The room was fine and the rooftop pool was really nice...

I wasn't feeling so well so I slept all weekend. On Monday I was admitted to Bangkok Christian Hospital with pneumonia. Spent the next week there.

I had a private room which was quite spacious...

This was the view from my balcony...

This was the highlight of my day! Coffee...

After a week I got the all clear and returned to the Ibis Silom...


I spent the rest of the week walking around new areas and reacquainting myself with the BTS Skytrain.


There are two bars here that are on the list of the world's 100 best bars. One called Vesper is around the corner from my hotel is number 79 on the 2022 list. Vesper is named after James Bond's favourite martini!


The cocktail (Beauty and the Beast) was very strong!


Another night, I tried the BKK Social Club in the Four Seasons Hotel. I caught a Grab from my hotel. This one ranked 14 in the 2022 list. It was great. Welcome drink....



The pistachio margarita was great...


And so was the pomelo salad...


The hotel is right on the river...


The grounds are really nice...



Most mornings I would search for an Australian cafe. This one is called Sarnies and it's a chain...



Dinner one night. I usually have a cocktail as they are cheaper than a glass of house wine!


Granola, yoghurt and mango for breakfast another day. I lost my appetite in hospital so am building back up slowly...


Another day. Breakfast for me usually features avocado and poached eggs!


On Saturday morning I went to Chatachuk market. Easy to get to via Skytrain. I had a coffee while I waited for things to open. This barista took his job very seriously!


The market was very big and not too busy, but I wasn't really into it so I didn't stay long.

A couple of times I had street food for dinner. This was really good and A$4.30 including the drink!


Sunday morning I headed to DMK Airport for my Air Asia flight back to HK. Quick trip and easy process through immigration and customs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...