Friday 7 October 2022

Pai, Thailand - Tuesday 4 October 2022

On Tuesday I walked into the old town to pick up the trousers and shorts I had had made. Then looped back to the hotel via the river as I wanted to see the water level...



This is the bar I had been to the previous night...


Today, in front of the Shangri-la...


At lunchtime my driver picked me up from the hotel and we drove the nearly three hours to Pai. We stopped on the outskirts of Chiang Mai for a coffee here...

It's only about 130km but a very windy road. Scenery was lovely though...

Was staying at Rim Pai Cottage which is in a fantastic location, at the end of the walking street. It's a really nice 3 star and my cabin was great.

It was right on the river...

And had a lovely pool...

The grounds were nice too...

I went for a walk around the town which is pretty small.



Weed is readily available, accounting for the many backpackers...


I had some street food and then a margarita for THB80 (AUD3.27!)


I met my driver, Frankie for dinner.



We then went to a couple of bars. Ended up being a late night!


It started to rain heavily but fortunately my hotel was across the road...















No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...