Friday 29 September 2017

London - Monday 25 September to Friday 29 September 2017

Monday morning I checked out of the hotel and caught taxi to airport. Public Holiday in Spain today so no traffic.

Traveled business class on BA back to London - it was cheaper than economy - I think because I booked so late. As always, the benefit of business class is priority check-in, and express through customs. Seats were uncomfortable which was a bit of a surprise.

Landed at Gatwick and of course the queue was very very long ! Got through and caught the Gatwick Express back to Victoria and then Tube to work. However, trains were stopped due to someone being on the tracks somewhere !

After work I checked into my new hotel - Z Hotel in Fleet Street. Cheaper and closer to work. But much smaller ! I got them to put an extra bed in for Callum who is arriving tomorrow.



Tuesday morning, Jacqui, Eliza and Callum arrived. They went straight to Monique's and I met them after work. We came back into the city for dinner. It's dead in the part of the city where I am now, but we found a nice Italian restaurant close to my hotel in Fleet Street.



Wednesday night we walked up to Covent Garden and found another Italian restaurant.

This is a view of London from my hotel lift lobby. London Eye in the background.



Thursday night we had dinner at Ye Olde Cocke, right next door to where I am staying in Fleet Street. We were joined by Jacqui's cousin Jeremy, and my mate from Sydney, Geoff.

Friday is my last day in the office. I had lunch with Geoff at The Shard. It wasn't here last time I was, so have been wanting to go.

Nice food. Restaurant must be part of the Aqua group which is where we go in Hong Kong. It looked similar, and was called Aqua :-)


Rainy day, so views not great...






 
View from the gents...




That night, the family stayed at Mon's and Callum crashed out. So I went to free happy hour in the hotel...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...