Friday 15 September 2017

London - 12 September to 15 September 2017

Due to Hurricane Irma badly damaging our BVI office, I was asked to come to London at short notice, in order to assist with the business continuity planning. I was asked on the Sunday afternoon, booked Monday and flew Tuesday morning. That's the least planned trip I've ever taken !

Flew Cathay Business Class which was nice, but we were late taking off and late landing, so it was a long day !

Cathay Lounge at HKIA...



Long flight ahead...


The usual...


Hellooo England...



Paddington Station...


Checked into the Kingsway Hall Hotel in Covent Garden. Nice big room, otherwise average. But the location was great ! Walking distance to work, and to Soho.


Walked up near Leicester Square and had steak for dinner.

Walking back home and there are beautiful buildings everywhere...


Walking to work...


Can't remember which tube stop but a very long tunnel...


Just near my office in Chancery Lane...


Started at work on the Wednesday and it is really good to be here.

Thursday night, my boss took us out to Rules which is the oldest restaurant in London. Very English.

Friday night with some colleagues, we went to Flight Club, and played darts, then had dinner at an Italian place. I can't believe how many chain restaurants there are here. Lots of fun.

This is my office - 3rd floor...






Fleet Street...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...