Friday 25 November 2016

San Juan, Puerto Rico - Friday 25 November 2016

Easy flight from Beef Island to San Juan. I was the only person on the plane !

Beef Island Airport...



My plane from Beef Island to San Juan...



At San Juan I was the only person in the airport and it's a big airport.

Caught taxi to hotel. They had a guy to arrange so very easy. $20 incl tip.

Got to hotel (Best Western Condado Beach) but room wasn't ready so I went for a swim. Beach very close. A bit rough but the temperature was nice.





Found a place for lunch - prawn gumbo.



Not going to try this one...



Came back to hotel and checked in. Huge apartment overlooking ocean.





Caught an Uber into Old San Juan (OSJ) which is really nice. Very Spanish.






San Juan was a very strategic port 500 years ago so they built 2 large forts. Really interesting to walk around and in spectacular locations on the ocean. A free trolley serviced the town so caught that for a bit.






















Inside the fort...







View of one fort from the town...



View from the other fort...



Walked around town and when it got dark I had a beer at a rooftop bar. Went for dinner at a different bar. Not busy even though it was a Friday night. I understand it gets busy later.





I had dinner here...Aureola...



Walked part the way back and then caught an Uber. Nice guy, Jose, had never met an Australian !

I think this is the university...



I think this is their Capitol building...it looked great at night...





Wandered around Condado and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...