Friday 11 November 2016

Hong Kong to Tortola - Friday 11 November to Saturday 12 November 2016

Caught the Airport Express from work just after lunch. Upgraded to Business Class at the gate for my first leg to New York.

Long flight - nearly 15 hours, so nice to be in Business. Had a nice dinner and watched Tarzan. Then slept a lot.

Arrived in JFK and spent about an hour in the immigration queue. It's weird that the US doesn't have the concept of being in transit. Collected my bag, cleared customs and then re-dropped the bag. Made my way from Terminal 7 to Terminal 5 and got my boarding pass for the second leg to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Had dinner and then flew another 4 hours to San Juan.

Couple more hours and 45 minute flight to Beef Island in a Cessna. Landed about 8.15am Saturday morning.

San Juan, Puerto Rico to Beef Island, Tortola...sitting behind the pilot...














Landing..



I was met at the airport and driven to my hotel - Maria's By The Sea. It's nice and one of the best in Road Town.


View from Maria's...


The office is very close to the hotel...


Couldn't get into my room straight away, so got changed and went for a walk. Found a nice coffee place that had lots of expats in it. Came back to hotel and had a swim while I waited for my room to be ready.

Met my friend Mirza for lunch at Pussers, a well known restaurant. Everything is a very close walk to where I am staying. Pussers allegedly invented the Painkiller...



Had a nap after lunch. Still trying to catch up on the time difference.

In the evening I met some colleagues for a drink in the hotel bar, and then we caught a taxi to Quitos on Cane Garden Bay. Lovely restaurant right on a very nice beach on the other side of the island.

Had conch which is a local dish, and roti with chicken. It was okay.

The national drink is a Painkiller...this one went down well...



There was a band playing and it felt very Caribbean. Taxi back to hotel about 10pm. Pretty tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...