Thursday 16 May 2024

London - May 2024

After a great seven hour flight on Emirates (Qantas flight, Emirates aircraft) I arrived at LHR on Sunday afternoon. Being Emirates, you get olives with your drink...

I was dreading the process but went straight through the electronic gates. I caught the Victoria Line to Liverpool Street and then to Tower Hill.

I'm staying at the Doubletree Hilton which is in a great location. Room was average.

Unpacked and then met a mate at Picadilly Circus. It's a beautiful night. We walked towards the river.

The Mall...

We had dinner at Honest Burgers on the other side of the river, and then walked back along the river to Tower Hill.

The next morning I headed to the office which is very close. It's the St Botolph building and we are the main tenant.

Worked in the office each day. Monday night I had dinner at the rooftop bar in my hotel, which is called Savage Garden. I had the duck bao which were pretty average. Views are great though...

Tuesday night I caught the tube to Soho and had a nice Indian dinner at Gopals of Soho...

Wednesday was the all day meeting that I had come for. This is walking to work...

That night we had dinner and drinks at Savage Garden. Very convenient for me!



Friday morning I checked out to catch the tube to Gatwick for my flight to Madrid. However there was a problem on the line that connects from Tower Hill to London Bridge, so I walked 20 minutes to London Bridge and got onto the train there. All easy and straight to Gatwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...