Friday 16 June 2023

Paris - Friday 16 June 2023

I haven't been here since 1997. Landed about 6am and caught an Uber to the hotel. It was a long trip due to peak hour traffic. EUR60.

Arrived at Hotel de la Castigione in Rue de Faubourg. Fantastic location. Got an upgrade to a decent sized room.

Couldn't check in until 2pm so left my bag and went for a walk,


Very nice to be here!



I was close to the Champs Elysee so started at the Arc de Triomphe and walked down to Place de la Concorde, then to Les Tuileries and the Louvre.







Statue de Marseille...


Place de la Concorde...


Jardin des Tuileries...



The Louvre...





Then I walked to the river and back along the Seine...




I think that's Musee D'Orsay...







Alexander III Bridge...


Petit Palais...



This is coming up to my hotel...


I checked in and had a long sleep. Then got up and showered and headed to my friend's place for dinner. Caught the metro to Port de Vincennes. Easy trip on Line 1. This is the Metro entry at Concorde...



He cooked gazpacho, pizza and chocolate mousse. Very nice cheese platter too...


Headed back on the Metro about 11pm.



Fantastic first day in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...