Wednesday 7 August 2019

Bangkok - August 2019

On the spur of the moment I decided to have a weekend in Bangkok. Want to get away from typhoons and protests !

Flew after work Friday night. Easy 3 hour flight on Cathay. Went Business Class as that had the best flight times. Annoyingly they were out of the Beef Rendang - my favourite.

Stayed at Centara Grand. Got upgraded to Club Floor. This is the view from my room on Level 43...


And the pool is nice but it was very windy...





There was a bombing the day I arrived. Reminder that not everywhere is as safe as Hong Kong !


On Saturday I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art, about a 30 minute drive away...



Then went for dinner at a new restaurant called Plu. It's pretty quiet but I was early.




That night headed to Red Sky which is one of the bars in the hotel...




Then up to the rooftop bar called Cru. Really stunning and the service was great. It started to sprinkle and we were brought umbrellas...


Sunday had a late breakfast and checked out the mall attached to the hotel. Then headed to an early lunch here for another great meal. Had to book this one.


Love the bar in the restaurant...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...