Saturday 8 June 2019

Milan - Saturday 8 June 2019

Booked a week in Milan at short notice. Left Hong Kong at 2am Saturday morning and arrived in Milan about 8am.

Caught the Malpensa Express to Stazione Centrale and then the subway to Gioia near my hotel. 

I only had carry-on so walked the 10 minutes to my hotel. Saw this cool building on the way...


Hotel is NH Collection Milano Porta Nuova, and I was upgraded to a junior suite...


Had a shower and walked to Duomo via Corso Garibaldi. I stopped for lunch on the way. There are many beautifully presented restaurants and cafes.


Stazione Garibaldi...


Lunch...


It's a beautiful sunny day and it's great being back in Italy. First impressions - it is not as impressive as Rome - it's a bit newer and has less charm. However, it's nice to enjoy Italy again !


Castello Brera...



La Galleria Vittorio Emanuele the very famous shopping area with all the high end stores...


As my flight had been delayed, I was later arriving than expected. It was a Saturday and very busy, so I did not queue up for entry, I just walked around the Duomo. It's very beautiful and pretty big...



Leonardo which is near the Duomo...


Then walked to Castello Sforzesco which was close...






Stopped for a coffee and pastry, then caught the subway back to the hotel. My legs were aching !

Espresso stop - EUR1...



My hotel. It's quite new...


Had a quick nap and went to a rooftop bar I had read about called Radio Rooftop Bar...



EUR18 for a glass of wine is expensive, but the free snacks kind of made up for it...


Then walked to Stazione Centrale, where I will pick up my hire car tomorrow. I just wanted to get my bearings...


Had dinner at Miscusi which had been recommended. I think it's a chain but the food was good...


Then back to hotel and crashed. Great first day in Milan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...