Monday 11 February 2019

Bali - February 2019 - day 4

Last day today. Hung out at the Grand Hyatt in the morning and headed to Uluwatu in the afternoon. Famous for its beaches and sunset.

Got a Grab and it took about 40 minutes even though it's not that far. Traffic and roadwork ! You walk down steps past many bars and restaurants. At the bottom it feels like a cave...





Had a Bintang at a bar overlooking this beach...






It's a popular surfing spot...


Monkeys wandering around...


Watched the sunset from one of the bars...



Looking up to Single Fin...






Then headed back. But struck a problem. Although Grab dropped me there, they couldn't pick me up due to friction with local drivers. So I walked 600m in the dark as they driver requested, got in the car, but then he was accosted by a local (illegal) taxi and he refused to take me. I got out and had to take an illegal taxi back as it was dark and I didn't have any other options.

Got back and walked over to Melia for dinner. I like it there as they have a band. This is the path along the beach between the 2 properties...


Next day got an Grab from the hotel to airport. No traffic and about 20 minutes and IDR140,000 (I paid IDR390,000 through the hotel to come in). Breakfast at airport was good...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...