Friday 8 February 2019

Bali - February 2019 - day 1

It's Chinese New Year and we get three Public Holidays. I didn't want to stay in HK - it's a bit boring when everything is shut, and I have to be in Singapore the following week, so decided to go to Bali on the way.

Had to go via Singapore on Jetstar. Got some air at the airport...


Landed and met my transfer to Grand Hyatt, Nusa Dua. Large room on top floor. It's a very big resort...



Ocean View from my balcony...



Beach in front of the hotel...


Eating in the hotel is expensive as they add 23% tax and service to everything. So I walked along the beach for about 20 minutes and found a local restaurant. Had banana and honey pancakes, and Bali coffee, all for IDR40,000 which is A$4 !


Walked a bit further to the headland...


Temple on headland...


Looking back...


Chilled on a daybed at the adults only pool...




Found another local restaurant just outside the other entrance to the hotel. Had nasi goreng and a Bintang...


This monument on the other headland near my hotel...


The beach at Melia is a bit nicer. It's the next beach around.


About 5pm I caught a Grab to Ku De Ta to watch the sunset. I went there last time I stayed in Seminyak. However it was a long trip due to traffic and Nusa Dua is far.


Pretty windy so not the nicest of days...



Headed back for a late dinner. All the local places are closed so I went to Melia for satay...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...