Monday 18 May 2020

Tai-O to Tung Chung - May 2020

1st May is a Public Holiday so I decided to do a new hike, Tai O to Tung Chung. I got up early and caught the MTR to Tung Chung and then the number 11 bus to Tai O. Took about 90 minutes door to door.

I met my hiking buddy and we went for a coffee in Tai O and then headed off. The walk is 15km but mostly flat. My legs were a bit sore from Dragon's Back yesterday but okay.

It's a lovely day. Started here in Tai O...



Had a pre-hike coffee at a nice little place with a terrace on the water.


Just leaving Tai O...


We stopped along the way at a very local village and had some lunch. Oyster omelette and some fried rice. The scenery is very nice and green.


Came across this sculpture made of tree roots...


And nearby there was another one. We are near the airport now.





That's the airport behind that bridge...


This is in a park near the end of the walk nearly to Tung Chung. The whole walk was 15km and took 3.5 hours. The views weren't as stunning as a hilly hike but I enjoyed something different.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...