Thursday 6 June 2024

London - June 2024

Flew in from Berlin and caught the Elizabeth Line to Paddington. Close walk to Chilworth House for one night before heading home. Hotel room is very small, but fine and location is great.

I stayed at Paddingtom to be near the Heathrow Express, but the Elizabeth line if half the price and only five minutes longer.

I was starving so went a nice Italian place for lasagne, then went to a cafe for coffee.

Checked in then caught the tube to Aldgate and picked up my big bag from the office and headed back to Paddington.

I had dinner in a pub nearby...

The venison was good...

Walked around the local area which is very nice...


And found some boats on canals...



Then back to hotel and to bed.

The next morning I had breakfast at a cafe overlooking the canal. It's a beautiful day...


I went into Picadilly Circus and walked down Jermyn Street looking for shirts. Didn't buy anything. It's a nice area...


Found a new Australian restuarant a short walk away and had prawn toast and a flat white...


Caught the tube back to Kensington Gardens and had a walk around. It was then a quick walk back to Paddington.

I had a massage and then caught the Elizabeth line to Heathrow. Easy check-in and found the Qantas Lounge. They have a gin bar and I was early so...



Easy fight to Singapore.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

 Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdal...