Saturday 4 June 2022

Hong Kong - May 2022

Elephant Grounds is a reliable brunch place. There are several, and I quite like the one in Sheung Wan. Crab Cake Eggs Benedict...


One of  my regular brunch places is Blend & Grind. The avocado toast is great...

I took the team to dim sum at Social Place where I have been many times. It's not traditional dim sum - they call it fusion dim sum and the locals don't consider it authentic, although we all enjoyed it!



This used to be one of my favourite lunch places but I hadn't been for a couple of years. Wonton noodles...


Tried a newly opened Thai place - Tommy Yummy. Not bad and I have acquired a taste for Thai Milk Tea...


Another day I went to Lee Gardens in IFC for lunch with a colleague. Their speciality is claypot fried rice.


Found a new restaurant with a good lunch set, right near my gym...


Finally we can exercise again without masks...


And back to one of my favourite bars, Iron Fairies...


Did a new hike from Ap Lei Chai to Ap Lei Pai via Mount Johnston. It was short but very steep. It starts from Lei Tung MTR Station. We had a very local lunch at Lei Tung before heading up.

Lovely views across to Lamma Island...


View from Mount Johnston to Ap Lei Pai...


Looking over to Ocean Park...


Going down was actually quite treacherous. This is looking back up and doesn't really give the scale...


I didn't want to go back the same way, so we skirted around the coast. It was scary in places with ropes to help you down quite steep rock-faces...


After more than two years, and lots of travel to high risk places (Sydney and Singapore), covid finally got me. So I spent a week at home in isolation. Still better than hotel quarantine!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...