Saturday 5 December 2020

Sydney quarantine - December 2020

It's been a very long year stuck here in Hong Kong. I can't wait to see the family, even though it means two weeks hotel quarantine at both ends.

Finally I got on the flight at 23:55 on Friday 4 December. I spoiled myself with Business Class. Had dinner in the First Class Lounge as the Business Class Lounge is closed.


Finally on board !


Arrived in Sydney and got through all the testing stuff and immigration. A bit of a fiasco then as we were sent by bus to Meriton suites in Pitt Street, but that turned out to be the family hotel. So then they bussed us back to the Airport Pullman. I was hoping for the Novotel overlooking Darling Harbour or somewhere with a view. But this is fine. Modern and light. Food pretty average though. 

At least there's space for my yoga mat...


Bed is big and comfy...


Was dying for a coffee on the first morning so ordered a flat white from room service...


Was fantastic to get a visit by these two (and the dog), even if we could only wave to each other !

Had a Nespresso machine dropped off. Lifesaver !

Had some wine and treats dropped off too...




I am so sick of the food. I don't eat the breakfasts. Doesn't help that all meals are served in cardboard boxes !


Alex dropped off a weight...



Jelly ! How retro...


Even though I specify no dessert, and they note it, I still get it !


My reading pile...


Alex's Instagram post from one of her visits. "Looking from a window above" is the first line of the song she attached...


On the Friday I got clearance from my 2nd COVID test and got my clearance for tomorrow...



Made it !


Jacqui picked me up on Saturday morning and we went for brunch at St Ives. Nice to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...