Monday 13 May 2019

Taipei - Friday 10 and Saturday 11 May 2019

It's a long weekend in Hong Kong so I thought I'd head to Taipei as I have never been there.

Short flight after work on Friday night. Caught the Airport MRT and then the local MRT to Taipei 101 / World Trade Centre MRT. Airbnb host met me and walked me to the apartment. He then took me to the nearby night market (Tonghua) for dinner. He ordered...


The loft apartment was nice. Not big...



Saturday morning I found an Australian cafe close by and had a very good breakfast...




Walked to the start of the Elephant Trail hike. Passed by Taipei 101 which is impressive and visible everywhere...


Lots of scooters, but not like Vietnam...


On the trail...





Then I caught the MRT to Taipei Zoo and got the Maokong Gondola to Maokong... 





Had some tea...


Caught the MRT back to Taipei and then to Beitou. On the way we passed the very famous Grand Hotel...

Beitou is the hot springs area - just a northern suburb of Taipei...



Beitou Library...




Went to a traditional hot spring, Longnice. NTD150 (AUD7) for a soak. It was very hot - about 44 degrees...



Went back to the apartment and changed. Headed to W Hotel for a drink...


Bar at The W...


Then to Ximending for dinner. This is Ximen Red House...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...