Sunday 27 March 2016

Sydney - getting ready to go - March 2016

Easter Sunday 2016

This has been a long time coming and I am ready to go.

Since I received my job offer on New Years Day, I have had plenty of time to prepare. My visa arrived on Thursday, so I am flying out Tuesday 29 March.

It's Easter Sunday and I am packed and have ticked all the chores off my list. My bag is 30kgs, just under the max limit of 32 kg so I hope nothing else sneaks in between now and Tuesday !

I have spent the last 3 months sprucing up the house, getting the garden under control, selling my car and lots of other things (love Gumtree !), and having weekends away with my 3 children (separately). 

I will commute between Hong Kong and Sydney this year and aim to come home every 3 weeks or so.

Having 3 months off in Summer was a dream for me and I spent a lot of time at the beach, gym and getting pretty fit.

I have had the opportunity to catch up with (nearly all) my friends for coffees, drinks and dinners.

My Cantonese is basic and I need to practice. My tutor Ashley was fantastic and I now need to go and listen to the locals.

Sad to see my car go...


I had a weekend away with each kid. Alex and I went to Katoomba...


Callum with the new car, Jeff at Warriewood beach...


My garden...

The kids, and Chelsea the day I left...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...