Thursday 13 April 2023

Hong Kong - April 2023

Decided to go to HK for Easter and then work asked me to stay a few days and work in the office to meet the team.

Flew Business Class on the Thursday afternoon and had my usual Bloody Mary...

Got to the hotel about midnight. I'm staying at the Renaissance Harbourview in Wan Chai which is very close to the office. I paid extra for a harbourview room...

On Good Friday I met a mate for coffee in Wan Chai.


It was overcast but warm so I spent some time at the pool which was really nice...


Looking to Central from the pool...



That night I went to a Japanese restaurant in Wan Chai called Zoku. Pretty fancy Japanese...


Tofu...


Prawns...





The next day I caught the ferry to Lamma Island and walked from one side to the other. Had lunch at the end and caught the ferry back to Central.


That night, I went to my ex-colleague, Idy's place in Tsing Yi for dinner. We had seafood hotpot which was excellent...


The next day I dropped off some laundry and had a coffee and snack at a cafe in Wan Chai...


That afternoon I went to another ex-colleague's place just past Repulse Bay. Lovely big apartment...


The next day I went to Honjo in Sheung Wan which I had been to before and love.


Free flow sashimi and oysters!



The bill was presented in this :-)


The hotel had a nice gym and I did a couple of workouts. This is the view from the sauna...


The next day was Tuesday and I went into the office in Central Plaza, and worked Tuesday to Thursday. 

Tuesday night we had a work dinner at an Italian restaurant nearby. Wednesday I met some friends for dinner in Central. This the view from the office...


They brought in lunch every day. Thurday was dim sum and noodles...


My last night I had local food in Wan Chai and then to bed. Early flight to Cambodia tomorrow.


I flew back from Camodia on Monday and spent one night at the Cordis in Mongkok which I had stayed at before. I like Mongkok and I didn't want to go as far as Hong Kong Island. The hotel has a lovely rooftop pool.


I met some friends at a Cantonese restaurant in Hung Hom...


Big scallops...


Back to hotel as I have an early flight to Sydney tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...