Monday 18 October 2021

Birthday Staycation - Hong Kong - 2021

I decided to use some of my leave and do a one-night staycation for my birthday. I chose the Cordis Mongkok as I had stayed there back in 2011 when it was a Langham. The reason I chose it was that it has a lovely rooftop pool. There was a typhoon on Saturday, but it had cleared up my Monday which was my birthday.

This is the city view of Mongkok from my room.

That night I went to The Ale Project (TAP) which is a craft brew bar nearby. I had the CBG infused beer and some pickled shrimp...

After that, I came back to the hotel for some dinner and another beer...

The hotel gave me a cake!

I got 6pm checkout as I was a Langham 1865 member, so the next day I spent the day by the pool. Weather was perfect !


Went for a walk to a cafe I wanted to try. It's called Halfway Coffee.



Sculpture in the hotel near the pool...


Another cake! This one is earl grey flavoured...



That night, I went with a friend for a fancy dinner at Grissini at The Grand Hyatt in Wan Chai...

And I bought myself a sound bar as a birthday present...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...