Saturday 4 April 2020

Hong Kong - March 2020

There's a Japanese place close to me on Pottinger Street called NOJO, with a nice outside sitting area. Went there one night for a late dinner after yoga.



Might not have been the healthiest choice but it tasted good...


New polo shirt from Uniqlo...


Cooking a lot as I have the time. Yellow curry...


Starting to enjoy bubble milk tea at a new Taiwanese place I found...


Got a new phone.Went all out and got an iPhone 11...


I'm not hoarding. It's just more cost effective to buy this way ie 2 for 1, etc...


Lee Tung Street in Wan Chai...


There's a rumour that the government will stop sale of alcohol so I stocked up :-)


Another new coffee shop in Sai Ying Pun that I worked from one day...


And had breakfast...


One of the things I love about Hong Kong is how safe it is. This women went to the toilet and left her laptop, bag and two phones out in the open...


Bought my first new cookbook in a very long time...


Banana bread !


One Sunday I went to Lamma Island for the usual hike with my colleague, Mirza.



This is Lo So Shing Beach...



Coming in to Sok Kwu Wan...



I have finally decided to wear a mask. WHO has said that they don't help, but they are so deeply ingrained into Hong Kong culture that I have decided to respect the culture. They are hot and itchy but small price to pay I guess...


We have now moved to split teams at work. So I work from home one week, and in the office the other week. Found a new cafe in Sheung Wan to work from. I get sick of working from my apartment.


Now that the gyms are closed, I am trying to walk every day. This is on the walk from Shun Tak Ferry Terminal to Instagram Pier...


And I do yoga at home most mornings...


First trip to the optometrist in four years. Bought some new glasses as my other ones are in Sydney...


Walked through Hong Kong Park one day. Hadn't been since I first arrived...



My other walk is Bowen Road Fitness Trail. This is somewhere along the way...


Dressing up for brunch one Sunday...


Went to Louise in PMQ for brunch...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...