Friday 16 December 2016

Hong Kong - December 2016

Back from my big trip. Only 2 more weekends in HK before back to Sydney for Christmas.

Focus is to find a new apartment for when the family get here after Christmas. I've looked at a lot...zzzzz.

Although I wanted to be able to walk to work, that means living further up Mid-Levels. The thing that occurred to me was that it's a bit residential and sterile up there. Also, the kids would have to catch a bus and then the train. So I expanded my search to Sai Ying Pun which is more local, but becoming very trendy since the rail went through about a year ago. Only 3 stops from Central and not busy as it's quite new.

Found a place at Harbour One, right on the harbour. We get the keys when we fly back on New Years Eve. 3BR plus terrace and maid's room, so a good size.




Skygarden...common areas for residents to use...


Found a couple of new coffee places in Sai Ying Pun. I liked this Aussie influenced one...Avo toastie...



Stumbled on a new bar - Khan - with a good happy hour...this was a Saturday night...yes I'm the only one there...


IFC Mall...


Christmas Tree in the lobby of my office building...


New shop in Hollywood Road...


Discovered an Australian Bar on Hollywood Road - Iron Fairies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...