Thursday 1 July 2021

Sydney hotel quarantine - June 2021

Have been really looking forward to this trip. A bit more complicated now as I have to get a COVID test before flying and complete a travel declaration. Plus the stress of worrying if my flight would be cancelled (it was changed once).

Heading back into winter so my bag is full and I have bought some artwork for my new house.

Worked on Friday then went home to finish packing. Got an Uber to the airport for my flight at 23:55.

Airport was deserted...

Economy also deserted...

Coming into Sydney. I thought it funny that the suburb right in from of me is one where I have recently bought a house.

This time I was sent to the Marriott at Circular Quay for 14 days quarantine...


No harbour view but I can at least see the sky...


Spent Saturday unpacking and trying to make it homey for the next two weeks...


I had bought a double-sided jigsaw in Hong Kong. I really enjoyed doing it. Killed a lot of hours...


And then the other side which was a bit harder...


I had another jigsaw dropped in. Great time-killers. This one is Bondi..


The food in the hotel was actually quite good. This is a sample lunch...


I left them with some recycling but I'm sure they'll throw it out...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Melbourne - June 2024

Had to go to Melbourne for work. Flew on the Monday morning and straight to the office. After work I checked in to Voco and crossed Lonsdale...